About Our Practice: Lumina Optometry has been faithfully serving Marin and the Bay Area since 1928. The doctors and staff are amongst the most knowledgeable and caring professionals that you will find anywhere. You’ll get small town attention with big city know how, in a modern, relaxed environment. Come see us, and we'll help you see the world.
We are VSP and Medicare in-network providers!
* Comprehensive Eye Examination: We perform a complete eye examination to determine visual acuity, eye muscle coordination, and ocular health status. As a part of this exam we will determine whether or not you need glasses and will help you figure out which type of lenses (single vision, bifocal, progressive multifocal, occupational/computer lenses) would most benefit you with your activities. We provide dialated examinations so that we can carefully check for eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration. Additionally, every eye exam includes a screening automated visual field analysis. This test helps to rule out any vision loss (blind spots) that may go undetected by simply measuring vision on the eye chart.
We are stroller and wheelchair friendly - we are very comfortable with seeing pediatric as well as geriatric patients.
* Pediatric Vision Care: We screen for (and treat) common eye problems that arise during childhood including:
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
- Strabismus (Crossed Eyes)
- Focussing and convergence/binocular vision problems
- Eye related reading difficulties
* Contact Lens Fitting: We are experts at fitting all types of contact lenses (soft disposable, rigid gas permeable and scleral lenses). We also take pride in our ability to fit the more challenging eyes that may have dry eye, corneal disease, high astigmatism or scarring of the cornea from a prior injury.
* Pre and Post Refractive Surgery Management: We proudly partner with UC Berkeley Refractive Surgery Center as well as the Pacific Vision Institute to facilitate refractive surgery referals and post-operative management.
* Expert Frame Styling: Here at Lumina you will find a relaxed environment where, if desired, you can have one of the very best stylists in Marin and possibly Northern California help you pick the perfect frame for you. Be forewarned, our frame stylist is very honest. So you will not hear that everything looks good on your face. But that is how you’ll end up with a frame that looks great and feels comfortable. We are also happy to let you “browse” on your own or with a friend or family member so that you can pick your own frame with no pressure.